Tuesday 7 May 2013

Chateau de Monte Cristo

Alexandre Dumas dreamed of of his own castle and when told it would cost several hundred thousand francs to create, he is supposed to have said, "I certainly hope so."

And so he got his own castle and name it after his most, arguably, famous book. He considered it his paradise on Earth.

It can even be toured today outside Paris, as it has been restored and kept in wonderful shape.

Another case of art coming to life or at least affording one the ability to make it so.

11 comments:

  1. That's a fact I never knew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be fun to take a tour there

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty cool when your dreams can become reality like that...and i agree, bet that is a fun place to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure would love to take a trip to Paris and tour that lovely castle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite Dumas book!! I didn't know there was a castle. How awesome that must have been for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for his tenacity and achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful! I'd like one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous castle! I love his comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've found my new home. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooohhh... I like that one, especially with the red flowers in front of it.

    ReplyDelete